This course is aimed at any health care professional with an interest in respiratory medicine aiming to acquire specialised skills and qualifications in the diagnosis and management of respiratory disorders.
The course aims to enable autonomous practice in dealing with more complex problems and the ability to critically evaluate current research in the field of respiratory disease.
- An understanding of the theories underpinning respiratory disorders.
- Demonstrate an understanding of epidemiology, aetiology and pathophysiology of; asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary. disease, bronchiectasis, pulmonary fibrosis, obstructive sleep apnoea and lung cancer.
- An understanding of diagnostic, assessment and classification criteria for respiratory disorders and when referral is appropriate based on current information.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically evaluate the management of respiratory disorders.
- Understand how to prevent complications in line with current guidelines.
- Appropriate the importance of multi-disciplinary teamwork in improving health outcomes.
- An understanding of and an ability to appropriately apply concepts and acquired competencies in dealing with the current evidence for the diagnosis, treatment and management of respiratory disease.
The event will be held at Edgbaston Campus, University of Birmingham.
- £500 for 3 days or
- £175 per day
See more on the website.